Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Homemade self tanner

Easy and effective, just 3 ingredients I'm sure you have at home. Let's get ready for summer!!



Ingredients

  • 8 bags of organic black tea.
  • 16 oz of water.
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.

Directions

First, bring your 16 oz of water and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to a boil. Pour over tea bags and let steep for at least 8 minutes. After you’ve removed your tea bags (and put them in the compost), give your DIY self tanner plenty of time to cool. This could take half an hour or more, but believe me when I tell you that you don’t want to spray nearly-boiling tea on your legs. You are not that tough.

Application

There are a few steps to take before you apply the homemade self tanner. First, make sure your skin is exfoliated. You don’t have to do anything fancy, but give the target area (legs or arms, probably) a good scrub with a washcloth a few hours before you need to use your tanner. It’s also a good idea to moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your skin will make it easier to get a good, even skin tone.

After your skin is primed and your DIY self tanner  has cooled and been poured into a spray bottle, it’s time to apply it. I used the simplest method I could think of: I sprayed the stuff on my legs and rubbed it in with my hands. When I had rubbed it on evenly and let it dry, I added another layer. I did this four or five times, which sounds like a lot, but the tanner dried quickly. I didn’t spend more than ten or fifteen minutes applying it.

Visit us: wwwlewisboutique.com
Source: diynatural.com

No comments:

Post a Comment